of St. Cecilia
Regina SK S4T 0S1
Office Phone: (306) 545-4051
Fax: (306) 545-3448
Hall Phone: (306) 545-2266
Pastor (effective Aug. 1/08) Fr. John Weckend
Administrative Assistant: Melita Stenhouse
Wheelchair Accessible - the church, meeting rooms and Parish
Hall (basement) are wheelchair accessible through the Parish Centre.
An elevator is located just inside the Parish Centre door (on 7th
-- map and driving directions.
Parish is located in north-west Regina, a few minutes drive north
of the Regina Airport.
The parish boundaries are:
- on the east: Albert Street
- on the south: CP railway tracks
- on the west: city limits
- on the north: CN rail tracks
This includes the areas of Mount Royal, Rosemont, Coventry Place,
Transcona, Windsor Place, Washington Park, and Pioneer Village.
Within the parish boundaries are Pioneer Village seniors care
centre, the RCMP national training depot, St. Francis School, Sacred
Heart School, Martin Collegiate, Scott Collegiate, Pasqua Hospital,
Exhibition Park and Taylor Field.
Information (seating capacity, cost, availability) Contact the
church office at 545-4051.
History -- Archives
St. Cecilia parish was erected September 1, 1954 by Archbishop M.
C. O'Neill. The present church was built in 1958-1959. The first mass
was celebrated at midnight, Christmas Day, 1958. 50th
of the church was done by Archbishop O'Neill on March 9, 1959.
The first confirmation was celebrated a week later.
The parish centre
(offices, meeting rooms, rectory) was built in 1984.
information about St. Cecilia's pastors and church history.
We welcome your comments and suggestions about this site.
updated Aug 7, 2008